Tap Dance Class
Classes held Fridays 5:15-6:15 and Saturdays 10:00-11:00.
This is an all levels, adult tap class. You don't have to have experience or tap shoes to try it out. Just wear your sneakers or other comfortable shoes. Below are reasons you should tap dance!
Anyone can tap dance.
- Tap dance can be adapted for any age or fitness level.
- When you learn to tap dance you become both a musician and a dancer, tapping into your inner rhythm and improving your sense for finding the beat and pattern in music.
- Though it isn’t usually done with a partner, tap dance is very social.
- It doesn’t matter how old you are, making noise just feels good. Tapping is a release that is actually great for improving emotional health and self-confidence. Tap dance gives an outlet for expression to those, like seniors or children at risk, who may not typically have a voice.
- Tap dance is fun fitness. Once you learn the basics, tap dance choreography is an aerobic activity. Plus, it’s a super-fun way to tone your legs and bottom.
- Tap steps are complex. Learning, practicing, and putting them together is great exercise for your brain, and we all know brain exercise could help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in the long-run.
- Tap dancing requires a lot of weight shift. This improves your balance, coordination and core control, which means better posture, less back pain and less chance of injury from tripping or falling.
Hope to see you in class!